Chipotle Cashew Queso
As seen on Mind Kind Kitchen!
As seen in our “Totally Possible” Burger recipe, this Queso is the star of the show! We put it on everything, from salads to burritos, to burgers and veggies! Whip up a batch of this sauce and get drizzling friends, this is much more than a cheese substitute – it’s a way of life.
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 large chipotle with adobo sauce (add two peppers if you can handle the heat!)
- 1 cup boiling hot water (add more to thin out as needed)
- Add the cashews and all the spices in a high speed blender like Vitamix.
- Blend on high, and scrape the sides down intermittently to make a spread.
- Add small amounts of hot water while the blender is running from the top opening and slowly blend the ingredients into a thick, spreadable cheese consistency.
- Serve over salads, burritos, nachos or with vegetables as a dip.
You can find more delicious recipes in our new book The 30-Day Alzheimer’s Solution.
Author: Ayesha Sherzai, MD, MAS from Mind Kind Kitchen and Team Sherzai